By Kieron Seth & Seaco Wei, Lumens
August 05, 2022 10743
• Large number of video sources and displays
• Long-distance cabling and across multiple rooms
• Various display modes, resolutions and aspect ratios
• Support for video walls
• Easy to operate graphical UI
• Sports bars
• Retail area
• Control rooms
Long-distance cabling :
Decoders and encoders are connected to a network switch using standard 1m-100m cables. This means that the maximum transmission distance from the source encoder to display decoder is up-to 200m. This delivers long distance transmission at very low cost, using standard Ethernet cables.
• Each feed can be previewed in a web browser making operation both accurate and intuitive
• The GUI can run on any connected device, such as a laptop, smartphone or tablet
• Source routing can be changed in real-time: drag-and-drop thumbnails quickly to switch sources and end points
• Create monitor groups to apply layouts with a single click
High Quality 4K Transmission :
The Lumens 4K encoder/decoder pair (OIP-D50E / OIP-D50D) delivers 4:4:4 UltraHD video at 30Hz and 4:2:0 at 60Hz. Lumens' compression technology produces visually lossless 4K that can be transmitted over standard 1-Gigabit Ethernet networks.
Ultra-low Latency :
With minimal delay between HDMI sources and decoders, 4K video can be sent dynamically to any display.
Flexible Solution :
Traditionally, when more sources and displays are added to an AV network, new matrix switchers may be required. Lumens' System is modular so can be expanded dynamically. It offers administrators the ability to add inputs (encoders) and outputs (decoders) individually, without the need to install and configure new matrix switchers.
Cost Efficiency :
Because the Lumens AV over IP system is fully scalable, system expansion is simply a case of adding the encoders and decoders you need. This makes the OIP system very affordable, in terms of the initial investment, the cost of expansion, installation time and ongoing system management.
AV over IP Controller
AV over IP Encoder / Decoder